A 9-month hybrid program that combines the best of the private online lesson format and the summer festival format to better prepare today’s young cellists for music school and beyond.
• 90-minute Bi-Weekly Lessons with me
• Monthly group Technique Class (with personalized technical routines created for each student)
• 2 Studio Classes per month (informal group gatherings to try out new repertoire and get feedback and support from your studio-mates, as well as performance practice!)
• Guest Masterclass each month with soloists and teachers from top music schools that you’ll soon be applying to.
• Video and Text support between lessons
• Access to video and print resource library
• College Counseling and Application Support
• Competition and Audition Training and Support
• Private FB Group for Accountability and Peer Support
• Monthly Q & A Session for Parents
WHY THE NEW STUDIO FORMAT?
Hi! I’m Kate Kayaian.
I’ve been performing and teaching high school and college aged cellists for over 25 years, and I believe that the traditional format of 60-minute, weekly lessons is not giving today’s talented young musicians the support and tools they need to find success in the professional world, and that there is a far better way.
While the old, traditional way has allowed for students to work on some technique, some repertoire, and maybe squeeze in some upcoming audition repertoire, I found I was constantly wanting more time with each student in their lessons. At the same time, I also felt that the 7 days between lessons wasn’t allowing them enough time to implement what we had gone over before they had to play it for me again.
I have had 20 years of experience teaching high school and college level cellists, both at music schools and festivals, and at schools with intense academics. I know the struggles these students face in terms of balancing their school work with their music work, and how to make the best use of their time.
My students have gone on to attend schools such as: The New England Conservatory, The Juilliard School, The Cleveland Institute of Music, Peabody, Harvard, Princeton, Dartmouth, Boston University and many other incredible institutions.
I have experience as both an admissions officer and an audition adjudicator, so I know what the teachers are looking for, and I know what the schools are looking for. I can help you show that you have both.
This past summer, I was the creator and artistic director of the world’s first full-length 100% online international cello festival, The Virtual Summer Cello Festival. I know what it takes to curate a virtual space and have built strong connections with the top cellists and conservatory teachers in the world.
Through the success of VSCF, I saw first-hand how a more holistic approach to teaching and learning benefitted the students. Why only have that kind of support during the summer months? By using today’s technology to our advantage, I’m so excited to start offering so much more to my students and truly prepare them for a bright and successful (and well-rounded!) future in music.
The combination of intense 1:1 work, thoughtful implementation, and support of a tightly-knit group of peers creates the perfect environment for growth and development and leads to serious results
My teaching methods and studio structure will help you:
- Build and improve your technique to get results in the practice room and on stage.
- Learn how to plan your time and build solid habits that will serve you throughout your life.
- Gain confidence in your playing, your sound and your musical ideas.
- Get into your ultimate performing shape for auditions, performances, and competitions
- Learn proven strategies to beat performance anxiety and perform your best–even under pressure.
- Explore ways to balance your music life & your academics. You CAN do both and still sleep!
- Navigate school and career decisions with clarity of purpose, and experienced guidance.
- Crush your goals and take your playing to the next level.
- a high school Junior or Senior who is a high achiever and looking to balance their academic load with preparing themselves for music school auditions.
- taking a Gap Year due to COVID-19 disruptions to your regular college plans and you want to make sure you don’t just “lose out” on an entire year.
- dreaming of a future career in music & wanting to take your cello playing level to new heights.
- craving a sense of community and wanting to be a part of an exciting and motivating group of like-minded musicians.
- a recent college grad who wants to keep improving while they wait out the pandemic before they start their next degree program
….The Bridge Online Cello Studio will take you from where you are to where you want to be.
Are you’re interested in:
- Learning how to practice better and more efficiently-getting more done in less time?
- Having regular performance opportunities?
- Meeting and working with teachers from the top music schools in the world?
- Improving your technique so that you can tackle any piece with ease instead of frustration?
- Being a part of a supportive and close-knit community of like-minded peers?
- Having committed and dedicated support in all areas of your musical and personal growth?
Ready to have the most amazing year?
Nuts and Bolts:
- When: September 8, 2020 – May 27, 2021
- Where: Zoom Video Conferencing, FaceTime, Telephone, and Private Facebook group
- Limit: 12 students (to ensure maximum personalization)
- Recordings of all tutorials & studio classes will be accessible at all times